Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Paint your wagon

Ok, now I am at Facebook, Live Journal, Blogster, Blogspot, Yuku, Ipernity and Opera. I am slowly trudging through this process of finding a new space to write and show my pictures. If you are on any of those sites and want me to join you send me a PM or put your new address here. What I am going to try to do is to post this in as many places as I can as a sort of experiment to see you is where as I cannot keep so many sites open.

I feel like I am going at a snail's pace, or a turtle's if you prefer. Above it all is sadness that this is happening. When 360 closed down, 7 - 8 friends were with me at MP from the beginning. Maybe more. As I have deleted and archived my blogs I have read the comments and they are very touching. It seemed there was a mass migration pretty much all to the same place. I wasn't as sad because I only lost a couple of friends and I have been able to keep up with them on (the much hated) Facebook.

I know I can still keep up with people on FB, but it is just not the same. People can write there, but more often they post links to articles or their blogs on other sites, or post funny pictures. 

I can't ask you to tell my where you will be, because I am not sure myself which sites I will keep active and which I will allow to languish, like a forgotten houseplant in a dusty corner.

But I will be somewhere, probably a couple of somewheres, and will get into the blogging mode sooner or later. Forgive me that I have rarely commented on your blogs elsewhere - I will get back to that as well.


8 comments:

  1. Well, for me it's here for now, even though I don't really know how some things work here. I haven't tried any of those other places. I agree with you about facebook. Nobody, or very few, do any serious blogging there. However, it does serve its purpose - so many members of my family are there, and I've even added some of my multiply friends. At least we don't lose them that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are here in Blogger for now. I hope you choose this site as one where you'll stay -- a selfish hope, for it is where I am making my home... and selfish as well because I really enjoy reading your blog.

    I opened a page on numerous sites... but here feels right. THere's Google+ for quick contacts and touching base and *here* for writing something more meaningful... or just what's on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can empathise with your post - I have several "homes" at the moment and I've set up google reader to try and keep track of all my scattered friends but it is not easy. And soon I will be back at work and have less time. It is a real shame that people took off in different directions. I googled comparisons of blog sites and blogger came out well and has been going for a long time so I think I'm staying put here but trying to maintain my friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am here and Facebook, these 2 I shall stay. I also have live journal but I like it here better so I am pretty sure I'm not going to keep that one. Hope you stay here cause I enjoy reading your blogs and seeing your pics, even though I can keep in touch on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the more I am on this site, the easier I find it. You have touched me with wanting me to stay here and here is at least one spot I will choose - that is for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL.Just read Frank's most recent post. At least your turtle isn't moving through peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I wanted to thank you for your recent compliment on my dormant blog, and this was the only way I could figure out how to do it besides posting another comment on my blog. I do plan to post more, but God (assuming he, she, it or them exists)knows when. Also, like others, I can't seem to be able to follow your blog. Anyway, I do plan to keep reading it. I particularly liked your last post about the food stamps. It seems like many politicians (particularly Republicans) focus only on the big picture, and forget about the individual woman buying food with limited resources. Anyway, if you want to reach me directly, my name is on my blog, and my work email is jdh@rfsc-law.com.

    ReplyDelete